WELCOME TO CLASS...

FAM's Campus Queen: Coralie Ackah

CORALIE ACKAH 
Ms. Fashion At Morgan 

(Coralie 'Dior' Ackah)
Hailing from Montgomery County, Maryland -via West Africa- this track and field All-Star, graduated from Magruder High School's class of 2010.
(Coralie Dior x Magruder High)

Since high school, Ackah has matriculated to Morgan State University, where she -now in her second year- majors in Marketing. Ackah has taken MSU's campus by storm, as a high-fashion model and spokesperson, and in May of 2011, she was voted the face of MSU's prestigious FAM (Fashion At Morgan), student organization (representing a large number of her peers, both on and off the runway).

(Coralie Dior x FAM- Fashion At Morgan)

(Coralie Dior + Victor McKnight x FAM- Fashion At Morgan)

As an athlete, Ackah gained 'natural' practice for her runway stride -early on- by winning relay competitions with Magruder, and she, somehow, always seemed to finish at the top, in the 100, 200 and 400m Dash!!! But, don't just take our word for it, weigh-in on what Ackah has to say about herself, as a sports-professional-turned-fashion-model...

1) Who are you, and what do you plan to accomplish with your talent?
I'm Coralie Dior A., born and raised in Ivory Coast [West Africa] and have been living in the U.S. [since] 2003. The transition wasn't so bad, my journey started when I attended Briggs Chaney Middle School, where I made great relationships, [and] continued on to James Hubert Blake High School.

To everyone, that school [Blake] was a fashion show and I just knew that's where I wanted to go because they had a program called FasXion (for aspiring models and designers). My first fashion show took place on my birthday (March 7), in our stadium; it was amazing because after that, I didn't want to stop, EVER
 
[At Magruder] the competition was high, I managed to be one of the top five runners at the school. Together, as a relay team, for the 4x100, 4x200 and 4x400, we had the chance to participate in both indoor and outdoor State Championship during my junior and senior year. Modeling didn't really excite [me] at that school, so I managed to take part in fashion shows outside of school.  
During my freshman year, attending Morgan State University, [I] was determined to keep myself occupied and find an organization I was comfortable [with] joining... I fell in love with all that I heard about [FAM] Fashion At Morgan, [and] I served as a model for a full year. Currently, as a sophomore, Marketing major, I decided to step my foot forward and serve as the face of my organization, because I believe in myself and [what] I am capable of doing.
 
(Coralie Dior x FAM- Fashion At Morgan)

2) When did people start to notice your potential?
People started noticing my potential because of my appearance. I have been [thin] my whole life because of my fast metabolism [lol]. But, just because you're skinny and tall doesn't mean you can be a model; it's more than that. I was told -too many times- that I should look forward to it because I have what it takes; not only that, but my mother was a model, back in her days... she's my role model [and] I unexpectedly find myself following her footsteps.

Also, once I chose to be a role model for my organization, I have been pushed, by the president of [FAM], to set up photo shoots and put a portfolio together. I didn't think I was good at taking pictures, until I met Mr. Martin (Colored Pixels), and his camera.
(Coralie Dior x Colored Pixels)
He sat me down for a good, 30-minute [conversation] and told me a lot about runway and print modeling; I couldn't believe what I was able to do, during a photo shoot. I broke out of my shell and because of him believing in me, I get so much love, feedback and people wanting to work with me! It definitely boosted my confidence! Look at me now!! :) 

(Coralie Dior x FAM- Fashion At Morgan)
3) Where is your career headed next? 

I am undecided with what I am [going to] do with Marketing, but I do know it's the field I [want to] be in. I enjoy advertising and promoting, so whatever opportunity comes knocking at my door, I'm going for it! My career -as a model- is headed to the TOP... I say that, because I believe in myself and have faith when GOD reveals it, because He has a plan... so I put everything, in His hands :) 

 
 (Coralie Dior x STYLE 101: Magazine- January 2012 cover)
---
*ALL IMAGE(S) AND VIDEO(S) ARE COPYRIGHT OF ITS RESPECTIVE OWNER(S), AND ARE USED -HERE- FOR CREATIVE, NON-COMMERCIAL PURPOSES ONLY... THANK YOU, FOR YOUR SUPPORT!*

References:
www.fashionatmorgan.org, www.morgan.edu, www.facebook.com, www.mocorunning.com, www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org, www.style101magazine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! (post it in the box)