WELCOME TO CLASS...

Pretty Dresses in the Laundry


Not since Tavi Gevinson, or Kristin Prim, has a teenage blogger made such a huge splash on the fashion scene; especially one from across the pond!!! Yet, in this curious case of style, we have, not 1-but-2 fashionistas (still, under the age of 18), who are breaking necks and giving style checks... ALL THE WAY FROM AUSTRALIA!!!
 
Let's see what these Aussie's, Samantha Mehan and Kate Nutting, have to say about airing their dirty laundry... 
(Samantha Mehan, Fashion Blogger for PDITL)

  (Kate Nutting, Fashion Blogger for PDITL)
 
1) Who are you, and what do you plan to accomplish with your talent?

Kate: I am 16 years old from Brisbane, Australia and I co-run the blog, Pretty Dresses in the Laundry. I would love to break into [the] fashion industry as a fashion journalist, and [I] hope my success -online- will aid me in this. I am very interested in all areas of fashion and am writing for a number of fashion blogs and websites; I would love to pursue this.
Samantha: I am also a 16-year-old fashion blogger from Australia. We started our blog in July -last year- and to our amazement (in just our first year of blogging), we have, very quickly, risen to success and have become quite a well known name in the blogging world. I hope that with the success of our blog, we can use it as a base, to one day start our very own fashion magazine and cover events all around the world, such as the various fashion weeks.
 
2) When did people start to notice your potential?
Kate: We started the blog in July 2010, and [it] grew rapidly from then on. In under a month after starting, we had accumulated over 650 followers. After our blog reached 20,000 followers, those in the fashion and blogging industry began to notice our potential and we began to receive a lot of advertising requests with fashion boutiques and labels... and began to be interviewed and featured in newspapers; both print and online magazines; other blogs and fashion websites.
Sam: Since the first day we started our blog, we received a large amount of page views and followers. To our surprise, some days we would -and still do- receive up to 300-500 new followers! I think the real turning point (that made us realize that people in the fashion industry knew about our blog and its potential), was when Australia’s largest online shoe store, Style Tread, contacted us and asked us to be a guest blog for them. After this, we continued to gain publicity and were interviewed by two newspapers within Australia, The Fashion Question and The Talented Mr. Nobody. Although, put all of this aside, I would have to say that the moment when people first started to notice our potential, was early 2011.
3) Where is your career headed next?
 
Kate: Until I graduate at the end of this year, I hope to continue photographing street style and blogging for both myself and other blogs. I then hope to study journalism at university, and eventually work for a fashion magazine (as this is where my passion lies). In the coming years, I hope to be able to start an online fashion magazine of my own.
Sam: I’m hoping that our fashion blogging career will lead to us attending some well-known fashion events within Australia; I would love to be able to write reviews and articles on these events.
xx
 
* For more information on Sam & Kate, please visit their Blog: www.prettydressesinthelaundry.com, and their Facebook page: www.facebook.com/SamandKate.
  
*ALL IMAGE(S) AND VIDEO(S) ARE COPYRIGHT OF ITS RESPECTIVE OWNER(S), AND ARE USED -HERE- FOR CREATIVE, NON-COMMERCIAL PURPOSES ONLY... THANK YOU, FOR YOUR SUPPORT!* 

2 comments:

  1. This is nice information blog. Thanks for Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, I bookmark your blog because I found very good information on your blog, Thanks for sharing more information Glamour Amour | Affordable Fashion Clothes | Online Clothing Store | Trendy Clothes For Womem

    ReplyDelete

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! (post it in the box)