WELCOME TO CLASS...

STYLE PROFILE x Meagan Sheá

MEAGAN SHEÁ

This WOMAN, who just so happens to be a true friend -as well as a true artist- has always been a QUEEN when it comes to personal style and creativity!


We first met -as teenagers- in college, and were dubiously crowned the freshmen 'royals' of the campus (LOL!). Fast-forward some, odd years later, and we're both still reigning within our respective fields of profession (sans the robe and scepter).


Ladies and gentlemen, it is my honor and pleasure to introduce you to the one-and-only, Ms. Meagan Sheá... 
 

1) Hi Meagan! Can you tell us the one misconception that people have about you?
This is an interesting question.  Hmm, I’m not really sure.  I don’t think I pay much attention to what people think about me (that isn’t true).
                                                                                                                             
2) What do you consider your gifts and talents to be, professionally?
My most important and valuable gift is my ability to adapt, to just about any situation.  It helps me, not just professionally, but personally as well; I’m all about my gifts being multi-functional.
                                                                                                                                                               

3) When did you fall in love with ‘painting faces’?
I can’t really say when that happened.  I do know that as a little girl, I was in LOVE with Boy George; I loved his makeup, hair and style.  I realize, that between watching my mother and Boy George (for my childhood, makeup-fix), I’d say [it was] somewhere around 1984.

4) Who serves as a major source of inspiration for you?
I find inspiration in so many things, and several people.  I have makeup artists that I look up to (Billy Brasfield, Sam Fine, Roshar and several others).  However, as a Black woman (who is one of the most sought after artists in the fashion industry), Pat McGrath is constantly inspiring me.

5) Where are you from?
I was born and raised in West Baltimore (Maryland), and moved to Los Angeles (California), when I was in middle school. 


6) Why do you think there is a lack of Black models (male or female), being used for high fashion, industry projects?
Racism is alive and kicking.  What else is there to say?


***For more information on Meagan Sheá, please visit her website, at: www.MeaganShea.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! (post it in the box)