WELCOME TO CLASS...

Darren Ockert

Singing in the Rain


I was happy to have stumbled upon some new music recently, especially with the overabundance of everything LONDON; here's a British artist worth listening to!


His name is Darren Ockert, and he has travelled the world, giving people a taste of electropop music... take note:

1) Who are you, and what do you plan to accomplish with your talent?
I am Darren Ockert, an indie-pop artist (originally from England), creating infectious, electropop music in Miami. I’ve been influenced by many of the fashion-forward, Brit-Pop artists of the 1980’s and 90’s (such as Wham!, Eurythmics, Kylie Minogue and Frankie Goes To Hollywood), and love to infuse some of that fun, British pop sensibility into my songs.  I plan to show the world that electropop music can be more than just getting on the dance floor and shaking your booty; it can also have some lyrical depth and sophistication… while still shaking your booty on the dance floor.

2) When did people start to notice your potential?

I studied music in London and was accepted into a pretty prestigious music program. My big breakthrough was in 2006, after transplanting from London to New York City; my debut album, “Anything Is Possible,” was nominated for an OutMusic award and I opened the award show in New York City with my song “Out Of The Rain.” After that, I was invited to perform to a crowd of 10,000 in Cologne, Germany, for one of their biggest festivals.


3) Where is your career headed next?
I just released my EP, The Rain From London, and will be releasing a music video for the title track, later this year. I’m currently finishing the recording of a follow-up EP and album for 2013; I’m definitely going to be kicking-it-up a notch, next year, with plenty of new, electropop flowing out of Miami and performing live, across the country. With all the attention on London, this year (Olympics and the Queen’s Jubilee), I’m also hoping to get back to my roots for some performances back home, though having been in the States for so long, they do tease me for my reverse-Madonna accent! Get ready to shake your booty!
Please have a listen and stream Ockert's hit single, "The Rain From London" NOW!!!
:-D
***For more information on Darren, please visit his website, at: www.darrenockert.com.

2 comments:

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! (post it in the box)