WELCOME TO CLASS...

3.1 Phillip Lim x SS '13

THE LIMINATOR


I absolutely LOVE 3.1 Phillip Lim's aesthetic (not even gon' lie, LOL), and I favor when he does what he does, best, which is cut, sew and drape...

Lim's offering for Spring/Summer 2013, was great... but it wasn't his best ;-(



Now, don't get me wrong, there are some wearable pieces, and there were quite a few surprises, e.g. the digitized, floral-print merged over a grid motif (which, I thought was very smart and witty), that for some reason, gave me the feeling of a map or a globe *idk* ...don't ask, LOL... But it was nice and refreshing to see it, and it wasn't too much!



The ONE THING that I did not like from Lim's, men's collection, was the tricky element of putting the print towards the crotch-area (which we've already seen done -in a very popular way- by another, men's wear designer)...


Overall, where Lim truly shines (in my opinion), is his careful and crafted approach towards the modern, and his ability to make a light and lean creation that -for a man- can easily go from day-to-night-to-day; and his perfect way of LAYERING and doing a dye-job isn't too bad, either!

(SS '12, tie-dye)

(FW '12, layers)

(SS '13, I can SOOOO see Kanye in the denim, pocket shirt! LOL)

...COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER...
*ALL IMAGE(S), AUDIO AND/OR VIDEO(S) ARE COPYRIGHT OF THE RESPECTIVE OWNER(S), AND ARE USED -HERE- FOR CREATIVE, NON-COMMERCIAL PURPOSES ONLY... THANK YOU, FOR YOUR SUPPORT!*

Reference:
www.style.com

1 comment:

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! (post it in the box)