WELCOME TO CLASS...

Style Spotlight x Shamaya H.

IN THE HOUSE


A true diva in the making (albeit no music and sound stage), Shamaya House is a Morgan State University alum, who's always had her hand in Fashion At Morgan... and beyond ;-) 


A native of New York, House has created an engaging line of custom-made jewelry that is sure to charm any creatively-inclined man or woman...
1) Who are you, and what do you plan to accomplish with your talent?
My Name is Shamaya House. I am an Accessories Designer for Style-House [and] my plan is to build a successful business of fashion boutiques filled with accessories, clothing and shoes.

2) When did people start to notice your potential?
I went shopping for a pair of vintage, stud earrings (to go with an outfit), I searched for days and couldn’t find anything [so] I bought some random supplies and created a pair of earrings! I was stopped [by] a friend and complimented about the earrings, [and] next, I created bracelets and necklaces. Shortly after, I was asked to make a few designs for close friends and family (it was a time where I had created something and people noticed), [and] Style-House was born after my first sale. 


3) Where is your career headed next?
Entrepreneurship is something I’ve dreamed of, and starting-from-scratch feels good; expansion and creativity seem sufficient for Style-House, for now. Locating new and exciting shops, boutiques and fashionable people are critical to our success; my goal is to provide the same quality for fashion retailers, with a new twist. 


***For more information about Shamaya House and Style-House Accessories, please visit her website, at: www.style-houseaccessories.com

4 comments:

  1. britney m. (class '09)September 28, 2012 4:14 PM

    i no her from skloo up Morgan! #yeaMSU l

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ye she was in FAM and in dat dancer grp fro DC, right?! lol #MSU baby

    ReplyDelete
  3. BROOKLYN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the accessories.. :)

    ReplyDelete

TELL US WHAT YOU THINK! (post it in the box)